No matter where you live or visit in the Yellowstone to Yukon region, you can practice coexistence.
Here are some ways to get involved and ensure animals stay safe:
- Remove fruit trees and berry bushes, or pick fruit promptly, on your property.
- Dispose of trash properly so bears can’t access it easily.
- Carry bear spray when recreating.
- Leash dogs so all furry friends stay safe.
- Host a showing of the free Living with Wildlife film at home, work or at a school.
Watch Living with Wildlife
This documentary from Canmore filmmaker Leanne Allison, supported in part by Y2Y, highlights the successes residents and officials in Alberta’s Bow Valley — one of the world’s busiest places where people and grizzlies still co-exist — have had living with wildlife. Pick up some tips for your community when you view the film for free.