A gift to Y2Y in your will or estate plan connects and protects the wild landscapes and wildlife that you love, forever.
Leaving a legacy gift is a lasting way of ensuring a personal impact, and an opportunity to safeguard the wildlife and beautiful landscapes you love into the future. It will link you forever to enduring efforts to protect and connect the most intact remaining mountain ecosystem on the planet.
Supporters like you are the bedrock of Y2Y, and we are honored you are considering leaving a legacy gift in our care when the time is right for you.
Where do you start?
Creating a legacy gift is a thoughtful process that will benefit from professional advice. A financial adviser can help you determine how best to look after you and your loved ones’ needs and priorities, and approximately how much you may be able to pass on to a charity like Y2Y and how. A lawyer can help you to create or update your will or plans. We recommend that you discuss your intention to include a legacy gift with both your financial adviser and your lawyer. We have a practical guide to giving just for you that may help with the steps you need to take.
What our Forever Wild donors say:
“This intact landscape is so important — it’s a gift. We absolutely have to preserve it for future generations, to do whatever we can to enable it to survive, especially with so many people coming to mountain communities now.”— Sue M., Montana
What type of gift is right for you?
There are many ways to give, ranging from simple bequests to trusts and beyond. See our information sheet for more.
How does including Y2Y in my will support your mission?
Our donor relations manager, Renee Krysko, shares a few reasons in this blog post: Supporting nature’s needs.
Why are aspens the emblem for the Forever Wild program?
Aspens are striking trees that grow throughout the Rockies, providing nourishment for wildlife. The extensive root systems that connect them underground make them amazingly resilient, event in the face of challenges like wildlife. As aspen stand in North America is one of the world’s oldest and largest living organisms.
Our promise to you
Thank you for your trust and confidence in Y2Y. Here is our promise to you:
- We know that making a will is a very personal and sensitive matter. We respect your trust and your privacy.
- We understand that your loved ones always come first, and we encourage you to involve them in your decisions. We also encourage you to discuss your choices with a financial adviser and lawyer.
- We respect and embrace diversity, and people from different life paths, with a rich array of beliefs and experiences.
- We are proud of our effectiveness and efficiency, and we will work hard to ensure your gift has the highest impact. We will handle your gift with integrity and professionalism.
- We have the utmost respect for you and your wishes. That includes whether or not you would like to be recognized for your gift and the level of contact you would like with us.
Ready to start or have more questions?
For more information or a chat, you can reach out to Renee Krysko, donor relations manager (ext. 105), or Claire Jarrold, director of development (ext. 102) at any time via:
Header photo: Aspen grove, Shutterstock