Environmental Gathering - Change the Climate
- Environmental Gathering - Change the Climate
- The Environmental Gathering is bringing environmental champions together to align efforts and build momentum for positive environmental action. Join us February 25-27, for this unprecedented event.
- Feb 25, 2016 to Feb 27, 2016 (Canada/Mountain / UTC-700)
- Calgary, AB
- Visit external website
- Add event to calendar
A growing number of people from across Alberta have committed to attending the Environmental Gathering at the end of February and we are very pleased that Y2Y will be represented at this exciting event.
The first annual Environmental Gathering will bring together people from across Alberta to align their efforts and share their passion for positive environmental action. This event will provide an excellent opportunity to amplify our collective environmental impact by coming together to find common ground, share resources, align objectives, and plan wisely. It’s about changing the climate of how we work together.
In Alberta, we have experienced dramatic change in the last 12 months and the Gathering will provide a space to make sense of what has changed, and also what the best path forward is. To do this, the Environmental Gathering will highlight the breadth of environmental work occurring in Alberta, including priorities and perspectives from all sectors. It will also highlight what’s working in environmental action by celebrating our successes, creating space for new ideas, and injecting energy into ongoing work.
Learning at the event will focus on:
- Environmental priorities for government, industry, and the environmental community
- Current leverage points for strategic environmental action
- How all sectors can work together for positive environmental action
- Recent big environmental wins in Alberta, and the approaches used to achieve them
- The dynamics of social and environmental change
- New tools, approaches, and frameworks for environmental strategy, action, and impact
The goal of the Environmental Gathering is to bring together 200 individuals representing environmental nonprofits, industry, and government. There is an exciting line up of keynote speakers, including Y2Y's President and Chief Scientist, Dr. Jodi Hilty; the Honourable Shannon Phillips, Alberta Minister of Environment and Parks; Stephen Carter, President of QED Marketing and former Chief of Staff to Alison Redford, Ken Low, President of the Action Studies Institute; and Dr. David Boyd, environmental lawyer and author who recently published The Optimistic Environmentalist, Progressing Towards a Greener Future.